Apigee maven plugin -developer apps creating new credentials if update any changes to exiting apps

@ssvaidyanathan 

we are using maven plugin for apigee api, product and developer app promotion from lower env to higher env. we are able to deploy the apigee developer app and adding product to app. but when we are trying to add multiple products to same developer app from maven plugin , every deployment it is creating new key and secrets.

this is command using to deploy developer app mvn -X apigee-config:apps -P$(APIGEE_PROFILE_SB) -Dorg=$(APIGEE_ORG_SB) -Dfile=$(mySecureFile.secureFilePath).

I could see same issue someone posted couple of years back and you responded to that. issue is still existed. 

Solved: Re: Apigee config maven plugin - Updating develope... - Google Cloud Community

And also, I checked apigee-config-maven-plugin github repo for importkeys.json. 

can we update existing developer app with old credential for every deploy?

Solved Solved
0 3 252
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For that use case, you will have to use the API or the UI directly. Its not possible using the plugin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Laxmman - If you include the API Products in the Developer app request, the Mgmt server will create a new credential every time. If you are updating an existing app and do not want the credentials to be created again, you can include the -Dapigee.app.ignoreAPIProducts=true argument. This works only for -Dapigee.config.options=update.

"can we update existing developer app with old credential for every deploy?" - why would you want to do that? If it's not modified, why would you want to modify it? Just dont call the "apps" goal in your script

@ssvaidyanathan  Thanks for quick response 

why would you want to do that? If it's not modified, why would you want to modify it?--as of now we are creating one developer app with multiple products

Example:

when we deploy the developer app first time it is deploy One developer APP------> 2 products.

after some time, our team is created 3 more new product. These 3 new products also want to add existing developer app. in this case i need to add new 3 product to existing developer app and redeploy the developer app.

For that use case, you will have to use the API or the UI directly. Its not possible using the plugin