Edgemicro reload causes gateway to stop

garysole
Participant II

I have Node9.5.0 and edgemicro 2.5.12

I am running on CentOS

I start edgemicro in one session - Appears to startup just fine.

I open another sesion, and in the same folder call edgemicro reload.

The reload session indicates that the reload was successfull, but when I go back to the original session where I started I see the following:

Reload completed
null
Removing the socket file as part of cleanup

And the process has stopped.

0 5 342
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@Gary Sole

I have investigated this issue. The issue occurs only with node.js 9.X. I was not able to reproduce this in this 8.9.0 or 6.9.0.

For now, can you please consider downgrading node.js while I investigate what changed?

I downgraded to 8.9.4 and that worked - thanks

Is there and update for this issue @srinandans? I am facing a similar issue as well. I am on node version v10.7.0.

The following is the error message I have got the following errors:-

info: products download from https://apac-syd-partner02-test.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/products returned 200 OK 
info: config download from https://edgemicroservices.apigee.net/edgemicro/bootstrap/organization/apac-syd-partner02/environment... returned 200 OK 
PROCESS PID : 16707
Recieved reload instruction. Proceeding to reload
Reload completed
Error [ERR_IPC_CHANNEL_CLOSED]: Channel closed
    at ChildProcess.target.send (internal/child_process.js:627:16)
    at Worker.send (internal/cluster/worker.js:40:28)
    at disconnectAndShutdownWorker (/Users/kian.ting/.nvm/versions/node/v10.7.0/lib/node_modules/edgemicro/cli/lib/reload-cluster.js:150:16)
    at EventEmitter.replaceAndTerminateWorker (/Users/kian.ting/.nvm/versions/node/v10.7.0/lib/node_modules/edgemicro/cli/lib/reload-cluster.js:124:5)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at emit (/Users/kian.ting/.nvm/versions/node/v10.7.0/lib/node_modules/edgemicro/cli/lib/reload-cluster.js:59:15)
    at EventEmitter.emitWorkerDisconnect (/Users/kian.ting/.nvm/versions/node/v10.7.0/lib/node_modules/edgemicro/cli/lib/reload-cluster.js:171:5)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at ChildProcess.worker.process.once (internal/cluster/master.js:216:13)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:273:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at finish (internal/child_process.js:796:14)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11)
Removing the socket file as part of cleanup

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Node.js v10 also has the same problem. Please change the node.js version to 8.X

Hi @srinandans, has it been figured out why node9 and node10 have this issue yet?