Getting "apigeetool command not found" in Mac terminal

Hi

I have installed apigeetool using nom and when try to run apigeetool getting "apigeetool command not found" in terminal. I tried by setting up the path in .profile as well but no luck.

export PATH=${PATH}/usr/local/Cellar/node/9.2.1/bin

Due to this unable to deploy any proxies to Edge using apigeetool, can some one suggest me whether I am missing anything here.

0 11 1,443
11 REPLIES 11

@mrk apigee

Welcome to the community !!!

Can you run "node -v" and "npm -v" on your terminal to see if Node and npm are installed correctly ?

I hope you have installed apigeetool with the following command

sudo npm install apigeetool -g

To confirm, in your terminal, try running "apigeetool", you should see an output something like this

Usage: apigeetool <command>

Valid commands:
createApp                 Create a new App
createDeveloper           Create a new Developer
createProduct             Create a new API Product
createcache               Create a new Cache Resource in the environment
delete                    Delete undeployed Proxy or Node.js Application
deleteApp                 Delete a App
deleteDeveloper           Delete a Developer
deleteProduct             Delete a API Product
deleteSharedflow          Delete undeployed SharedFlow
deletecache               Deletes a Cache Resource in the environment
deploySharedflow          Deploy SharedFlow
deploynodeapp             Deploy Node.js Application
deployproxy               Deploy API Proxy
fetchSharedflow           Download SharedFlow bundle
fetchproxy                Download Proxy bundle
getlogs                   Get Application logs
listSharedflowDeployments List SharedFlow deployments
listdeployments           List Deployments
undeploy                  Undeploy Proxy or Node.js Application
undeploySharedflow        Undeploy SharedFlow

If you dont see that, something is wrong with the installation, please check Node installation and if thats correct, then try uninstalling apigeetool and install again

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan thanks for your quick response, yes I did the same way you mentioned using, here is the response

$ node -v

v9.2.1

$ npm -v

$ sudo npm install apigeetool -g

npmWARNdeprecated graceful-fs@3.0.11: please upgrade to graceful-fs 4 for compatibility with current and future versions of Node.js

/usr/local/Cellar/node/9.2.1/bin/apigeetool -> /usr/local/Cellar/node/9.2.1/lib/node_modules/apigeetool/lib/cli.js

+ apigeetool@0.8.0

updated 1 package in 3.63s

$ apigeetool deployproxy

-bash: apigeetool: command not found

Can you try running "which apigeetool" and see if you get the path where its installed ?

Can you try un-installing "sudo npm uninstall apigeetool -g" and then re-install again.

which apigeetool doesn't return any thing, I tried uninstalling and installing, no luck. PFA

6143-screen-shot-2017-12-12-at-95907-pm.png

I installed the same node version and npm version on my laptop and it works as expected for me.. not sure why its not working..

try fixing that warning you see by updating your graceful-fs and then try

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan Can we deploy targetserver with apigeetool command?

If not what are options to deploy targetserver as part of Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.

HI @Kasiviswanath Pusarapu - am happy to help, can you please post this question as a new post so that it can be useful for others searching for similar issues/questions

Hi @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan - I created a new post called "Options to deploy Targer Server to Apigee Edge" and tagged you.

Finally I was able to resolve the issue. Only solution I found is remove node + npm completely from all locations and install node using brew, that solved the issue. now I am able to deploy the proxies using apigeetool.

Glad its resolved

@mrk apigee - please accept this answer so that we know its resolved. thanks !