SmartDocs queries

Not applicable

Hey guys I have few queries in smartdocs, this is my dev portal

What is My Apps actually for? Where can I get more info on that?

As you can see all my resources are been displayed in home page(because I promoted them). Now I want to place all the resources in a different page,how can I do that?

Thanks.

0 3 251
3 REPLIES 3

Dear @Vinux Thomas ,

Apps :

Apps consume APIs exposed by Apigee Edge. Apps registered by API providers on Apigee Edge can belong to individual developers ("developer apps') or to groups of developers ( 'company apps'). A developer app is an app that belongs to a single developer. Apps are registered on Apigee Edge by API providers in order to obtain credentials to access API products. A developer app always has associated credentials, API products, and other metadata (stored as attributes) that can be used for profile-based access control, analytics, etc. Apps also have status, and may be approved or unapproved. By default, apps are created in the 'approved' state.

My Apps Page in Developer Portal :

My Apps page is used to list Developer Apps that he created in Developer Portal to get access to APIs created in Apigee Edge Platform. You get access to APIs by choosing API Products. Once create an App you will get Consumer Key and Consumer Secret using which you make API calls from your Application.

My Apps in Apigee Developer Portal is similar to the concept of Facebook Apps or Twitter Apps that you create in developers.facebook.com or dev.twitter.com to get access to Facebook, Twitter APIs respectively.

Regarding Promoting Resources to Home Page,

• Smartdocs Contents are Drupal Nodes. Ideally you need to use Drupal views to display them in any page. Promoting node to home page is not the best approach to display Smart Docs in Home page. Please use views block and context module to expose SmartDocs Resources as View Blocks.
  • To display them in different page other than home page use Drupal Views.
  • Create a new page view, and select filter Content Type -> Your Model Name.
  • Easiest way is clone default view which got created during rendering of SmartDocs model. Go to admin/structure/views to see your SmartDocs Model View and clone it to create a new page which lists your SmartDocs Content.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar @sudheendra1

@Mukundha Madhavan

@Maruti Chand

In MyApps after registering an product the developer gets consumer key and consumer secret.

Now how does he get an access token for OAuth Policy?

My Apis are protected via OAuth and Apikey in Edge.

So in smart docs how does an developer get an access_token?

Token flow does not change, it is very similar to how you actually implement in reality. The only difference is you manually call APIs to get the token and subsequently call the protected resource.

You also list the OAuth token endpoint on SmartDocs page. Developers present their app credentials (assuming it's client credentials) to generate the token. Once they get the token, they call the protected API with the token, as part of Auth (Bearer token) header. This is exactly how you implement in the app.