How to use "Resource Flow" Dimension in Analytics

Not applicable

I have many Resource Flows in my Proxy.

But I am getting value "null" when I select the "Resource Flow" option in the Dimension of my custom attribute. What could be the issue ?

Solved Solved
2 9 2,272
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not applicable

@MEGHDEEP BASU Analytics do not collect flow resource data as of now. But because of the bug, this field is exposed in the list of dimension of custom report.

View solution in original post

@MEGHDEEP BASU ,

Creating a custom dimension using "Statistics Collector Policy" should solve the issue using flow variable "current.flow.name"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@MEGHDEEP BASU , I believe it's a bug. I can able to reproduce same. It always shows as null. If i select, Proxy Path Suffix as dimension i can see the data but not Resource Flow. @Sanjoy Bose , @spadmanabhan any idea ?

Not applicable

@MEGHDEEP BASU Analytics do not collect flow resource data as of now. But because of the bug, this field is exposed in the list of dimension of custom report.

@MEGHDEEP BASU ,

Creating a custom dimension using "Statistics Collector Policy" should solve the issue using flow variable "current.flow.name"

Is this Bug fixed in a later version of Edge. I am using a version released in April 2018, and i am still able to reproduce this issue.

So this "Statistics Collector Policy" should be added to all the conditional flows , correct ?

Is there no way to apply this automatically for all the conditional flows ?

in other words there is no conditional-flow-hook ?

No conditional flow have flowhook. As I have specified in another answer, if you don't want to edit the proxy in the post flow hook you can put the condition as proxy name and path suffix of the flow matches add policy to set the flow name

I am interested in knowing whether this is fixed in APIGEE 19.06 on prim version or not ?

my requirement is to use flow name along with the proxy name in filters to extract the report for only one of the many flow in my single proxy .

we are using Open API standard where multiple API's are moving through single proxy with having different flow in one proxy.

eg to explain the requirement:

Proxy name : OrderManagementAPI

flows:

1. OrderCreate: this is post call with base path as /orders

2.OrderDeltete: this is delete call with base path as /orders and method/verb used as "DELETE".

3. OrderDetails: this is Get call with base path as /orders and method/verb used as "GET".

Now when i am building my report i want to see all the transaction made to OrderDetails flow in OrdermanagementAPI and don't want to see the traffic on Ordercreate and orderdelete. below screenshot for reference.

I don't think using statistic collector to pass on the flow name in variable is a solution here. please help.

This is a common pain point for many customers, they want to capture the flow name associated with the Open API Spec which gets populated on creation (*e.g. /path/{id}/subpath).