APIGEE X REST to SOAP Support

Hello Members,

We have a requirement where the provider or target endpoint will expose a SOAP service and it needs to be exposed as rest endpoints to the consumer . The consumer will invoke various soap operations as a rest callout/api path. in APIGEE Edge I see there is an option to convert the soap endpoint as Rest but cant see the same feature in APIGEE X. Is it not possible in APIGEE X to have that option or am I looking into wrong location ? 

In APIGEE edge we can see this under WSDL section - proxy type Rest to SOAP to Rest 

Appreciated your thoughts/advice on this 

Kind Regards

Arijit

Solved Solved
0 3 183
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I recommend you use the wsdl2apigee tool to generate the proxies converting the SOAP services into REST. The tool mirrors the same capabilities that were included in the wizard in Apigee Edge, plus a few additional enhancements. The proxies generated are compatible with Apigee X and hybrid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you have a JSON REST coming then there is JSON ->XML under mediation policies which you could utilize to convert to XML & then using XSL Transform policy/AssignMesssagePolicy to add the SOAP version template that you need for the provider. In response flow, you could utilize you could remove the SOAP template & convert back to JSON using XML ->JSON. 

other than above option there is no direct SOAP conversion policy in apigeex as per my knowledge. Other experts please add if any other options

Thanks @raghunathapalle . It means a manual work for us as we have multiple soap endpoints  each having multiple operations. Looking forward for confirmation if the option that is available in the apigee edge is removed in apigee x ? Also what about apigee hybrid

I recommend you use the wsdl2apigee tool to generate the proxies converting the SOAP services into REST. The tool mirrors the same capabilities that were included in the wizard in Apigee Edge, plus a few additional enhancements. The proxies generated are compatible with Apigee X and hybrid.