2 Quotas on Product

Not applicable

Hello Apigee Community!

I would like to ask you a simple question regarding creation of API Proxy. I would like to create API Proxy that consists of following proxy endpoints:

• /a/lorem
  • /a/ipsum
  • /a/dolor
  • /b/sit

Unfortunately, it is a legacy API which I cannot change and above proxy endpoints do not have common base path (I also do not want to go with base path /*). That means that I cannot combine them as a single API proxy, right?

The first layer in which I can group them together is Product. However, it offers only one type of Quota and I need two turned on: per day and per second. How could I achieve that?

Thanks,

Andrzej

Solved Solved
0 4 217
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Andrzej , Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

Quota settings on API Product is just for reference, "Setting quota limits on a product does not automatically enforce quota. It's simply a default limit that can be referenced in quota policies."

Find more about same here.

Per second time unit is not supported in quota policy. Check Spike Arrest Policy if you would like to smoothen traffic. You can actually set per minute, per hour, per day quota limits and more. Find more about same here. Keep us posted if you have any queries while implementing same.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Andrzej , Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

Quota settings on API Product is just for reference, "Setting quota limits on a product does not automatically enforce quota. It's simply a default limit that can be referenced in quota policies."

Find more about same here.

Per second time unit is not supported in quota policy. Check Spike Arrest Policy if you would like to smoothen traffic. You can actually set per minute, per hour, per day quota limits and more. Find more about same here. Keep us posted if you have any queries while implementing same.

Thank you @Anil Sagar,

that is what I was looking for.

Regards,

Andrzej

Anytime 🙂 Glad it helped. Keep us posted if you have any queries moving forward.

Not applicable

@Andrzej

You can try using 2 client endpoints within the same API proxy.