How to create Customer Admin for Developer Portal with Custom Role automatically

Hi

We have a requirement where we need to create customer admin with custom role on developer portal as soon as we have a tenant created in our Tenant Management system.

This is required as whenever tenant is created , customer admin of that tenant will login into the developer portal and can create the Developer Apps using the API Products available for that tenant.

This needs to be done automatically using APIGEE REST Management API calls.

Do we have any REST API Management call to achieve this ?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 278
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @GAURAV ,

It's possible. Let me share some details regarding same.

• Apigee Developer Portal stores user related information & pushes same to Apigee Edge. User basic information is synced between portal & edge.
  • Apigee Developer Portal Roles & Apigee Edge Org Roles are independent of each other. Neither they sync nor they have any relation.
  • Apigee Edge Management APIs are related to Apigee Edge itself & not related to Apigee Developer Portal. Apigee Developer uses Edge APIs to create developer, developers apps in Apigee Edge.

If you would like to create a new user automatically in Apigee Edge as well as Apigee Developer Portal , you can use Edge APIs to create new Developer. Remember, Users are synced between Apigee Edge & Developer Portal. I am not sure whether it's automatic, I am sure there is a manual step in developer portal using which you can sync developers between Apigee Edge & Portal. But, you cannot assign a developer portal custom role using above method.

If you would like to create a new user in Apigee Developer portal using APIs & Add custom Developer Portal role, you need to leverage drupal to expose APIs using Drupal Contributed services module. If you create a developer in portal , same developer will be created in Apigee Edge Automatically.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dear @GAURAV ,

It's possible. Let me share some details regarding same.

• Apigee Developer Portal stores user related information & pushes same to Apigee Edge. User basic information is synced between portal & edge.
  • Apigee Developer Portal Roles & Apigee Edge Org Roles are independent of each other. Neither they sync nor they have any relation.
  • Apigee Edge Management APIs are related to Apigee Edge itself & not related to Apigee Developer Portal. Apigee Developer uses Edge APIs to create developer, developers apps in Apigee Edge.

If you would like to create a new user automatically in Apigee Edge as well as Apigee Developer Portal , you can use Edge APIs to create new Developer. Remember, Users are synced between Apigee Edge & Developer Portal. I am not sure whether it's automatic, I am sure there is a manual step in developer portal using which you can sync developers between Apigee Edge & Portal. But, you cannot assign a developer portal custom role using above method.

If you would like to create a new user in Apigee Developer portal using APIs & Add custom Developer Portal role, you need to leverage drupal to expose APIs using Drupal Contributed services module. If you create a developer in portal , same developer will be created in Apigee Edge Automatically.

Hope it helps.

Detailed explanation above.....one query though. How do we create custom roles in Developer Portal?

Dear @sanjay,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

• Login as Developer Portal Admin,
  • Navigate to , People -> Permissions -> Roles, Add a new role

See screenshot below.

1684-screen-shot-2015-12-17-at-40907-pm.png