Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL billing calculation- Clarification

Dear Experts,

we have created Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL 14 database in GCP
Storage used showing as 120 MB of 500GB ( 500 GB SSD Storage mentioned while creating instance)
i am not able to understand the billing calculation daily usage showing as 17.86 gibibyte month
this is Database size or any other thing? where i can able to find this in the GCP console or in the Cloud SQL Database section?
can you please help me to understand this Usage mentioned in billing calculation

SKU - Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL: Zonal - Standard storage in <Region Name>
Service - Cloud SQL

one day Usage and Cost

Usage - 17.86 gibibyte month
Cost - $3.25

Regards
Balaji

Solved Solved
0 2 735
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Balaji01,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

To confirm that this is indeed the case, you can check the Cloud SQL dashboard in the GCP Console. Under the "Storage" tab for your PostgreSQL instance, you should be able to see the current usage of your instance in gigabytes, as well as any associated costs. It's possible that the 120 MB of storage you mentioned is just the amount of data currently being used by your PostgreSQL database, whereas the 17.86 gibibyte month usage reflects the total amount of data that has been stored in your instance over the course of a month.

Keep in mind that there may be other factors that affect the billing of your Cloud SQL instance, such as network egress or the number of vCPUs and memory allocated to the instance. You can review the detailed usage and billing information for your Cloud SQL instance in the "Billing" section of the GCP Console. You may also want to contact Google Cloud Billing Support for further investigation and help.

Thanks

View solution in original post

@Balaji01 wrote:

Dear Experts,

Storage used showing as 120 MB of 500GB ( 500 GB SSD Storage mentioned while creating instance)
i am not able to understand the women's delusional calculator billing calculation daily usage showing as 17.86 gibibyte month
this is Database size or any other thing? where i can able to find this in the GCP console or in the Cloud SQL Database section?
can you please help me to understand this Usage mentioned in billing calculation

Service - Cloud SQL

one day Usage and Cost

Cost - $3.25

Regards
Balaji

where i can able to find this in the GCP console or in the Cloud SQL Database section?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Balaji01,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

To confirm that this is indeed the case, you can check the Cloud SQL dashboard in the GCP Console. Under the "Storage" tab for your PostgreSQL instance, you should be able to see the current usage of your instance in gigabytes, as well as any associated costs. It's possible that the 120 MB of storage you mentioned is just the amount of data currently being used by your PostgreSQL database, whereas the 17.86 gibibyte month usage reflects the total amount of data that has been stored in your instance over the course of a month.

Keep in mind that there may be other factors that affect the billing of your Cloud SQL instance, such as network egress or the number of vCPUs and memory allocated to the instance. You can review the detailed usage and billing information for your Cloud SQL instance in the "Billing" section of the GCP Console. You may also want to contact Google Cloud Billing Support for further investigation and help.

Thanks

@Balaji01 wrote:

Dear Experts,

i am not able to understand the women's delusional calculator billing calculation daily usage showing as 17.86 gibibyte month

Service - Cloud SQL

one day Usage and Cost

Cost - $3.25

Regards
Balaji

where i can able to find this in the GCP console or in the Cloud SQL Database section?