silent install not running

I tried the following but nothing happens. Missing something am i?

# ./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt ./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt

Usage: apigee-install.sh [-h | [-r <path>] [-d <path>] [-j <java home>]] -h | --help : Display usage information -r | --root <path> : Installation root, / not allowed -d | --dataroot <path> : Data storage root, / not allowed -j | --java <java home> : JDK 1.7 home

Solved Solved
0 8 430
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello leo,

Can you try in two steps

./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt

./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt

-Vinay

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello leo,

Can you try in two steps

./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt

./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt

-Vinay

Thanks Vinay. When I was reading the install doc, this appears as 1 line "

./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt ./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt"

I am good now. Thx

Hi @leo sun,

As @vinay poreddy mentioned, these should be run as two separate commands.

I also see that you have the path to apigee-setup.sh prepended with a ".", which indicates "here". Is the absolute path actually supposed to be /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh ? If so, you need to remove the dot as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi @leo sun,

As @vinay poreddy mentioned, these should be run as two separate commands.

I also see that you have the path to apigee-setup.sh prepended with a ".", which indicates a relative path beginning "here" (in your current working directory). Is your absolute path actually supposed to be /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh ? If so, you need to remove the dot as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Leo,

Where did you see it in the doc as a single command? I want to make sure to fix that.

Thanks,

Stephen

In the 15.07 install guide in the silent installation section.

For example on page 113, it has

Install and Configure Datastore Cluster Node: Machine 1, 2 and 3 ./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt /<inst-root>/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f config-5h

I thought the page is not wide enough so "

/<inst-root>/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f config-5h" was displayed in the next line and did not realize it is actually a new line.

thanks, I'll take a look.

I reported earlier in below post.We are using 15.0.4, I thought it was fixed in latest release..may be please fix in all versions if possible to avoid any confusion to customers.

https://community.apigee.com/questions/14904/what-are-the-steps-for-silent-installation-of-apig.html