Request and response streaming

Not applicable

error.png

Hi

i am passing an xml payload based on my counter value its displaying the content.as soon as i am passing counter=50000 a message is thrown as shown in the attachment("<CONTENT TOO LARGE TO DISPLAY>")

how to rectify this?

thanks

0 3 892
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @shubham singh,

From your error screen shot what I understand is, the proxy is sending the response as it should. Please try running this test in some Rest client, such as Postman. It worked for me.

Cheers!

Hi @Mohammed Zuber,

thanks for the info.It worked but if i increase one more 0 in the counter an error occurs stating connection Timed out.

I have increased the time limit of my javascript Policy.

How to rectify this?

Note:-I just need to check at which counter value buffer size exceeds 3MB so that i can verify the same for Request and response Streaming concept error.png.

Thanks in advance

adas

If your request/response size exceeds a certain limit (I think its either 3MB or 10MB) you might see an error in Edge which says:

{"fault":"{"detail":{"errorcode":"protocol.http.TooBigBody"},"faultstring":"Body buffer overflow"}"}

By default Apigee Edge buffers the request and response to process the payload and apply the policies that you have enforced. If you see this error, it means the request/response size is over the buffer limit. In such cases, you should enable streaming depending on your use-case. To enable streaming, follow the product documentation here:

Here's a sample target endpoint configuration to enable streaming:

<TargetEndpoint name="default">
  <HTTPTargetConnection>
    <URL>http://mocktarget.apigee.net</URL>
    <Properties>
      <Property name="response.streaming.enabled">true</Property>
      <Property name="request.streaming.enabled">true</Property>
    </Properties>
  </HTTPTargetConnection>
</TargetEndpoint>

The same can be applied to the proxy endpoint too for which you want to enable streaming. I hope this helps you resolve your issue.