Postgres issue - password authentication failed

Not applicable

Hi all. We have an issue with portgres. Here are the facts:

• Recent traffic data is not appearing in the dashboard (older data, however, is)
  • We have a postgres master/slave setup
  • All Qpid and postgres components are up and running
  • On the first postgres node, the logs show an error: password authentication failed (full detail below)
  • As a test, I created a connection to postgres manually, and entered the password. It worked fine.

Does anyone have any idea why there is a message complaining about password authenticaton (which may be related to missing dashboard data), but the password seems accepted if input manually?

Thanks,

Stewart

Full log lines:

2017-09-07 13:24:36 UTC [19348]: [1-1] user=apigee db=apigee host=10.141.136.4 FATAL: password authentication failed for user "apigee"

2017-09-07 13:24:36 UTC [19348]: [2-1] user=apigee db=apigee host=10.141.136.4 DETAIL: Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 84: "host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5"

1 4 1,536
4 REPLIES 4

Could you check the qpid queue using qpid-stat -q commands?

Also, have you tried restarting apigee-qpid-servers and the postgres DB?

Hi - thanks for the comment. I have already run qpid-stat -q, which shows me that the msgIn and msgOut counts match exactly, for my analytics group. I believe that this shows that messages are passing through qpid successfully.

I tried restarting the components already - in fact I restarted all components, in the recommended order. But no luck there.

Must be something deeper to do with postgres.

Hi Stewart, here in 2021, I am facing this same issue and tried restarting and everything. Do you remember how did you resolve this issue?

Same issue currently being faced, password reset have been done according to the docs, still no luck. Any resolution?