My account automatically got provisioned to new UI

Hi,

I am not able to see my previously created organisation.

My account automatically got provisioned to new UI, beacuse of which I am not able to view any of the flows created by me.

How can I get my previous organisation data, any help?

1. Provisioned URL - https://apigee.com/organizations/harneet3392-72620-eval/proxies
  2. Previous URL - https://apigee.com/organizations/harneet3392-eval/proxies

Thanks Harneet

0 3 169
3 REPLIES 3

My account automatically got provisioned to new UI,

I don't know exactly what that means. New evaluation accounts will always use the "new" UI. BTW, the "new" UI has now been in production for more than 3 years! I think we have to stop calling it the "new UI" at this point. It's the Admin UI.

From the URLs you are posting, It looks to me that you have distinct organizations.

• harneet3392-eval
  • harneet3392-72620-eval

In the normal Trial orgs, you're not permitted to add a 2nd orgadmin to the organization. It sounds like you want to get the configuration information from one org, and access it from a different org.

To do that I'd suggest looking at the Apigee migration tool.

Hi @Dino-at-Google @Dino,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am aware of the new UI, but in this UI I am not getting any option to switch to Classic Edge UI.

And when I logged-in into my account, At first I got the screen stating that "Your account provisioning is in progress.." and after that all I can see was the brand new UI and all my previous created flows were not there.

9108-newedge.png

When gone through the "Transition from Classic Edge UI" docs, I came to know that classic UI will be retired from Oct 1, 2019. Than why my account got provisioned in September month.

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/get-started/transition-from-classic-ui

Please help.

Thanks,

Harneet

"Your account provisioning is in progress.."

You have provisioned a new organization. I will repeat what I wrote above. Please make sure you understand this part: You now have 2 distinct organizations. The proxies and flows in one organization and not visible when you are logged into a different organization. Organizations are security boundaries in Apigee Edge. When you log into one org, you cannot see the entities configured in another.

If you want to move things from one org to another, check out the Apigee migrate tool.

I came to know that classic UI will be retired from Oct 1, 2019. Than why my account got provisioned in September month.

I don't understand this question. I think you're saying that you would like to continue using the classic UI, the thing that will absolutely stop working in a few weeks. That's not possible. Accept the "new" (3 years old) UI. In software, as in life, change is inevitable. After three years, the old UI is finally going away. You had three years to move over. And now your opportunity to choose when to move over is ending. If you want to continue to use Apigee Edge, you have to adopt the new UI. Please accept that.

The UI change is INDEPENDENT of the reason you cannot see your previously created proxies and flows: you have two organizations.