Multiple api consumer keys for same developer app

Not applicable

i know we can create a custom api key like api_key_consumer for a given developer app ,by passing the system generated key and app again in a apigee rest call and generate a custom key .But i want to solve following use case:

I have a scenario where 3 consumers of my API want to analyse there application usage .All of these guys use the same API .

Is there a way to generate 3 different customconsumer keys for one single developer app.

The idea is that each consumer passes its own consumer key but accesses the same product .Later on he can use the key to find his API usage

1 8 2,844
8 REPLIES 8

@Arpit Sharma ,

You can create any number of Consumer Key / Secret Key pairs for a single App using Management APIs. Use Create a consumer key and secret along with Add API Product to the Key to create more than one key pairs for a Single Developer App.

Note: The UI would continue to show the default key that was assigned when the product was added to the App. You can access all the key pairs associated with the developer app using Management API Get Developer App Details.

Keep us posted if you have any queries while implementing same.

Regarding "the UI continues to show the default key..." There is an open ticket to improve this behavior. EDGEUI-584 .

Also, it is possible to enhance the Developer Portal to display multiple keys.

+1, Thank you for the update @Dino , Great to know about the upcoming features.

@Anil Sagar

I am not sure i followed everything . I would like to restate.

I have just one api product say P . 3 consumers want to use this P

There are two approaches now :

1.create 3 developer apps adding same product again and generate 3 different consumer API keys .

2.create a single developer app adding the product . Use apigee rest api to generate 3 different keys for this same developer app .Note that product remains same .

I have implemented approach 1 . But i like approach 2 . So without making any patch on develoepr portal or edge ,will consumer be able to see the analytics reports passing his own consumer api key using approach 2.

Regards

Arpit

@Arpit Sharma , If you mean Developer able to see analytics in Developer Portal, Answer is NO, using Approach 2. First of all, App is not shared between developers in Approach 2 in neither developer portal nor edge. Hope it clarifies. Only Admin can see the analytics by creating custom reports in Apigee Edge if you are using Approach 2.

adas

Will i be able to see the analytics report for each given consumer key without applying any patch in developer portal or edge?

Yes, that should work out of the box. It doesn't need anything special.

Like I mentioned in my post, for the sake of simplicity the Edge UI populates the same apikey for every product that you add to the developer app. If we were to take that out then it would just work the same way the API behaves for every update.