I have a service callout to verify username and password, on invalid username and password Error 400 is returned by the service callout, but I am not able to capture that error using Fault rules and add customized error message to the end user

Solved Solved
0 6 425
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Issue is solved. I had used the servicecallout.{policy-name}.failed variable as condition to raise the fault and get my desired fault message and fault error code. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

A quick solution is set continueOnError to true on Service Callout & use RaiseFault / Assign Message policy with a policy condition that verifies service callout response.

Hope it helps.

Hi @Prathip,

You can capture the error by setting the property success.codes under HTTPTargetConnection in the service callout policy as below:

<HTTPTargetConnection>
        <Properties>
            <Property name="success.codes">2xx,4xx,5xx</Property>
        </Properties>
       <URL>https://www.mock.com</URL>
    </HTTPTargetConnection>

Thanks for the answer. But this is same as continueOnError="true". The problem I am facing is, after this error is thrown the response gives a 500 error and none of my policies to create a custom error messages are executed....

Issue is solved. I had used the servicecallout.{policy-name}.failed variable as condition to raise the fault and get my desired fault message and fault error code. Thanks.

Hi @Prathip,

Please add the snapshot of how have you implemented. I am also having similar issue. Also add details about raising the fault (policy & configuration)

Once an error is raised in the service callout flow the below variable gets populated.

servicecallout.GetAccessTokenForUser.failed to true.

I had used the below in Proxy flow to raised a custom fault when the above condtion gets hit.

<FaultRules>

<FaultRule name="RaiseInvalidUsernamePasswordFault">

<Step>

<Name>RaiseInvalidUsernamePasswordFault</Name>

</Step>

<Condition>servicecallout.GetAccessTokenForUser.failed=true</Condition>

</FaultRule> </FaultRules>

You can have your customer error messages in the RaiseInvalidUsernamePasswordFault rule. Hope it helps.