How to modify view blocks in developer portal homepage?

Not applicable

I am trying to customize the homepage of the Drupal developer portal in Apigee Edge. I'm running into the issue that in the homepage "/node/1" the 3 view blocks "recent blog posts", "forum discussions" and "APIs" always display in the content region. When I go to the blocks admin page, I can't disable these view blocks. They are already disable.

I have a new theme that I'm using with the Look and Feel of our Organization, but these blocks always display in the content region. The only way to hide them is by disabling these blocks from the view page. I don't want to disable these blocks since I want to re-use them in other areas. Any help would be appreciated.

Solved Solved
1 4 1,319
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@José Cedeño ,

Home Page the 3 view blocks "recent blog posts", "forum discussions" and "APIs" are rendered using context module. That's the reason you won't find same in blocks listing page.

• Navigate to Structure -> Context , You will see list of contexts

1509-screen-shot-2015-11-20-at-93053-am.png

• Click on Edit next to home page, you will see home context settings screen.
  • Click on Reactions -> Blocks & then remove the blocks from content region, click save.

1510-screen-shot-2015-11-20-at-93221-am.png

For more detailed steps, check article Customising Look & Feel of Apigee Developer Portal Home Page

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In the portal, try using the Structure > Views menu to disable:

- Items tagged as blog content

- Home Featured Forum Posts

Stephen

@sgilson , Disable views is not an option. He needs to remove same from Context Screen.

@José Cedeño ,

Home Page the 3 view blocks "recent blog posts", "forum discussions" and "APIs" are rendered using context module. That's the reason you won't find same in blocks listing page.

• Navigate to Structure -> Context , You will see list of contexts

1509-screen-shot-2015-11-20-at-93053-am.png

• Click on Edit next to home page, you will see home context settings screen.
  • Click on Reactions -> Blocks & then remove the blocks from content region, click save.

1510-screen-shot-2015-11-20-at-93221-am.png

For more detailed steps, check article Customising Look & Feel of Apigee Developer Portal Home Page

Thank you. I had looked under contexts, but I hadn't clicked under blocks!