How is "manifest.xml" created?

I'm upgrading a proxy manually after checking out the source locally and modifying all the XML files, etc. But I've noticed there's a my-repo-name/myproxyname/manifests/manifest.xml file in it with the name of every file in my project along with an SHA-512 key in a version attribute.

My question is, will I be able to ignore this file (or perhaps delete it) and it'll be recreated, or is there no way to edit a proxy using an IDE? Will I have to copy all the XML file changes I've done locally and paste them into the Apigee web interface in the appropriate places?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 1 547
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I pushed my changes anyway and left the manifest.xml as it was. It deployed successfully, so I downloaded the Zip file of the new revision, and this file has been updated with new entries for the new files that I added (with SHA keys). So it looks like this file probably could be added to  the .gitignore file

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I pushed my changes anyway and left the manifest.xml as it was. It deployed successfully, so I downloaded the Zip file of the new revision, and this file has been updated with new entries for the new files that I added (with SHA keys). So it looks like this file probably could be added to  the .gitignore file