Cannot start trace for API Proxy

We are getting following error, when Starting Trace for an API Proxy. Following is the error:

Error creating trace session for API proxy TestAPIName, revision 1, environment test. Failed to create DebugSession 1459416204106

We are having AIO setup and when I check for deployment issues with the Proxy:

curl -u username@myemail.com http://my-apigee-gateway.com:8080/v1/organizations/myOrg/apis/TestAPIName/deployments

I am getting following response:

{ "environment" : [ { "name" : "test", "revision" : [ { "configuration" : { "basePath" : "/", "steps" : [ ] }, "name" : "1", "server" : [ { "status" : "deployed", "type" : [ "message-processor" ], "uUID" : "ee439da9-17fb-4c6a-b1cc-dea54b303472" }, { "status" : "deployed", "type" : [ "router" ], "uUID" : "12d7fd6d-ebcf-4367-b206-4c13344c70fa" } ], "state" : "deployed" } ] } ], "name" : "TestAPIName", "organization" : "myOrg" }

When I am trying to re-deploy the API Proxy, I am getting the following error:

Error in deployment for environment test.

The revision is deployed, but traffic cannot flow. Call timed out; either server is down or server is not reachable

0 5 1,487
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hi Sanjay,

Same has happened to me sometimes and was due to some errors in bundle. Apigee let you upload and deploy it but for some reason when you start tracing you get the error you mention. After looking at my code when this error shows there was always something wrong in my proxy code, but it was not always the same kind of mistake, so you will have to look at your proxy code to discover it. Sorry I could not help you more.

@José Ángel Gariburo.....We have a private cloud (test environment) and the proxy was published around a month ago (NO update on proxy since then), it was working fine. When this happens, it shows the error for all our proxies.

10 days back we faced this issue and restarted our Edge and it was resolved.

But since last three days, it occurring almost everyday and we have to restart our test Edge setup and its resolved.

But today, in spite of Edge restart its not resolved. I need to know the reason for this error (proxy is NOT the issue, as it was a working setup) and the resolution. We don't want this issue to hit us, when we move Edge to production.

Hi, we faced a similar issue today in our staging environment as well.

Any idea on the resolution?

Not applicable

@José Ángel Gariburo @sanjay

This usually occurs when the deployment did not finish successfully on all MessageProcessors. Normally, if is fixed when you undeploy your proxy completly and redeploy it back. Sometimes the browser cache will cache this so you will see the proxy deployed in the UI but is actually not in the MP. Refreshing your browser in this case will show you if proxy is deployed.

If you happen to get partial deployment (hence the error "Error in deployment... traffic will not flow or partially available), one of the routers or message processors is acting up. Restarting your routers / message processors in a rolling restart should fix this problem.

Thanks

Not applicable

It happens when there is some error in proxy bundle due to code/policies it has. It may happens while edge server is in invalid state like having some DB connectivity issue or storage issue.