Authorization code grant type with third party oauth is throwing error

Hi All,

We are trying to use Third party oauth - Authorization code grant type. Here when we are trying to store the external token in apigee using generateaccesstoken policy we are getting invalid ClientId error.

We did fallow all the steps in the apigee docs. Still no luck. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Solved Solved
0 6 356
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found out the solution finally. It will remain same as the client credentials grant type in Apigee even it's originally another grant type. It sounds weird, still this is the solution it worked. You have to set the Apigee oauth 2 policy with client credentials grant type and it will work.

I do suggest a clear documentation from Apigee would help a lot.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

do you have the clientID created in Apigee? That needs to happen. Have you specified the clientid in the Authorization header (encoded)?  I think that's also a requirement.

I believe there are cookbooks out there that describe how to build the authcode flow with an externally-provided token. 

Yes, I tried with that also. With that it is throwing invalid auth code error.

And also please share the cookbook link

This doesn't help. I have already gone through.

I found the apigee document works good for client credentials grant type. But for Authorization code its throwing error. We want to set up Authorization code only.

Any help is appreciated. 

I found out the solution finally. It will remain same as the client credentials grant type in Apigee even it's originally another grant type. It sounds weird, still this is the solution it worked. You have to set the Apigee oauth 2 policy with client credentials grant type and it will work.

I do suggest a clear documentation from Apigee would help a lot.