Application Level Caching & Lookup's

Not applicable

We've started using APIGEE for API enablement and this works very well with out of the box policies supporting transformations and routing to appropriate back end endpoints - but we also have a need to implement more complex HTTP routing based on dynamic configuration which is cached as a middleware artifact - looking through what APIGEE provides out of the box I can see some cache functionality such as lookup cache as well as Java Callout functionality which maybe useful to implement a singleton which acts as my middle tier cache for example - but I'm wondering if this is really extensible enough to support serious caching functionality which might be more of a middle ware artifact ?

0 5 139
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Have you considered using BaaS to facilitate runtime read of your artifact? The REST interface will make it easy to tie into your proxy flows - as well as whatever tooling you currently use to build the config.

I've considered that possibility but is that was BaaS is meant for though ?

@Ghulam Farooq Shaikh , BaaS is not meant for caching, BaaS is a data store to build applications. I would suggest using CPS / KVM (Soon will be replaced by CPS) / Vault to store middle tier cache that will be used in Javascript / Java callout for more complex http routing.

Not applicable

How complex a cache can I build with KVM ? What we have as a cache is pretty complex - and how do I make regular updates to this cache ? I am still looking for solutions within the Apigee eco-system but am starting to think this might be more a middle ware artifact than something that can be plugged into an API Layer

Hi @Ghulam Farooq Shaikh,

Could you elaborate use case by providing sample definition of artifact to present complexity, Read / write freq, TTL if applicable, etc. This will help to analyse and suggest possible soln.

Cheers,

Rajesh Doda