Apigee hybrid migration version path - from current AH version to latest AH version

Hi,

Do we have any documents referring the  Apigee hybrid migration path ? like if we want to migrate from Apigee Hybrid Runtime version 1.5.x to Apigee hybrid 1.6.7 (latest as of today) or may be new one once we know Google releases new version of Apigee hybrid, without any hops of versions in between for Apigee Hybrid ?.

We had such details listed in Apigee OPDK for supported version migration path, but unable to find similar one for Apigee Hybrid 

Let me know, in case i missed referring any such docs. Plan is to migrate the lower env of Apigee Hybrid before targeting higher envs.

@dino 

Solved Solved
0 1 141
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can upgrade from 1.5.x to 1.6.x. There are some other dependencies, though, including the ASM version. 

Apigee hybrid 1.5.x prior to 1.5.9 works with ASM 1.9.x

and hybrid 1.6.x prior to 1.6.6 works with ASM 1.9.x and 1.10.x. 

We will soon update our documentation to state that hybrid 1.5.9+ (for the 1.5.x release) and 1.6.6+ (for 1.6.x) will add support for ASM 1.12. This is all described here. So if you are using  hybrid 1.5.x and ASM 1.9.x, you can upgrade to 1.6.6 (current latest patch version, 1.6.7 is coming soon) and then upgrade ASM to ASM 1.10 and then to ASM 1.12. if you are using  hybrid 1.5.x and ASM prior to 1.9.x, then you need to upgrade ASM first (from 1.7 or 1.8 to 1.9) an then follow the path I just described.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You can upgrade from 1.5.x to 1.6.x. There are some other dependencies, though, including the ASM version. 

Apigee hybrid 1.5.x prior to 1.5.9 works with ASM 1.9.x

and hybrid 1.6.x prior to 1.6.6 works with ASM 1.9.x and 1.10.x. 

We will soon update our documentation to state that hybrid 1.5.9+ (for the 1.5.x release) and 1.6.6+ (for 1.6.x) will add support for ASM 1.12. This is all described here. So if you are using  hybrid 1.5.x and ASM 1.9.x, you can upgrade to 1.6.6 (current latest patch version, 1.6.7 is coming soon) and then upgrade ASM to ASM 1.10 and then to ASM 1.12. if you are using  hybrid 1.5.x and ASM prior to 1.9.x, then you need to upgrade ASM first (from 1.7 or 1.8 to 1.9) an then follow the path I just described.