Apigee Sense : Delay in update of traffic on Sense Console

Hi All,

Is there an expected delay or gap between when the traffic hits and APIGEE Sense displays the traffic on the Console. I am currently seeing a delay of 40-45 Mins between actual event and the traffic details updated for an environment in APIGEE. is this expected behavior?

Also what is the time gap between setup of an action like BLOCK or FLAG on  a target IP and its actual enforcing by APIGEE Sense. example. If i setup an action to block or flag traffic coming from an IP by creating a rule in Protection tab, how much time will it take for APIGEE to implement the actions on the incoming traffic from the specific IP.

Any documentation or pointers would be helpful. Thanks in Advance!

Solved Solved
0 1 121
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello  Ajay1902,

Q: I am currently seeing a delay of 40-45 Mins between actual event and the traffic details updated for an environment in APIGEE. is this expected behavior?

A: Yes it is expected, delays can degrade gracefully and recover from it to normal range of ~15-30 min. However all the data is processed and detection should be reported consistently.

Q: If i setup an action to block or flag traffic coming from an IP by creating a rule in Protection tab, how much time will it take for APIGEE to implement the actions on the incoming traffic from the specific IP.

A: It can take upto ~10 min for a the block rules to be distributed and consistently get applied; IF the block rule is IP based.

IF you further need help for your  setup specifically, please file a support case and we can work with you one-on-one.  

Thanks,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello  Ajay1902,

Q: I am currently seeing a delay of 40-45 Mins between actual event and the traffic details updated for an environment in APIGEE. is this expected behavior?

A: Yes it is expected, delays can degrade gracefully and recover from it to normal range of ~15-30 min. However all the data is processed and detection should be reported consistently.

Q: If i setup an action to block or flag traffic coming from an IP by creating a rule in Protection tab, how much time will it take for APIGEE to implement the actions on the incoming traffic from the specific IP.

A: It can take upto ~10 min for a the block rules to be distributed and consistently get applied; IF the block rule is IP based.

IF you further need help for your  setup specifically, please file a support case and we can work with you one-on-one.  

Thanks,