Apigee Hybrid Terraform Module Vs Google cloud foundation-fabric Terraform module

Hi,

google_apigee_envgroup | Resources | hashicorp/google | Terraform Registry & google_apigee_organization | Resources | hashicorp/google | Terraform Registry & google_apigee_environment | Resources | hashicorp/google | Terraform Registry Lists Terraform Envgrp,Env and Org Apigee Hybrid Module but did not list the required *.tf files 

Google cloud-foundation-fabric/modules/apigee-organization at master · GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-foundation... which lists module allows managing a single Apigee organization and its environments and environmentgroups from github indicates the required *.tf file as a module and can be cloned to code repository as listed in article.

Question: Above Terraform Module from terraform.io is listed as html file (without referencing required *.tf for module and missing ways ways to clone it .. can be still referenced as terraform modules ?.

@dino  @strebel 

Solved Solved
0 5 355
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

1) That's correct, the org plane components for hybrid can be created using Terraform.

2) For cert manager I'd recommend you use the helm resource together with the cert manager helm  chart.

View solution in original post

Coincidentally this is something I was working on in the background. The k8s workloads are currently not provided in a suitable from that would allow for an easy deployment with terraform but the sample here should get you a few steps closer.
https://github.com/apigee/terraform-modules/tree/main/samples/hybrid-gke

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Certainly, the terraform resources you found on terraform.io are part of the Google terraform provider. You get them by referencing the provider resource and pulling them in (see the getting started here). For the downstream modules, you can either clone the module or reference the git revision as we do here.

@strebel  Listed article details on Apigee-X (Terraform Module)  

As per Notes from Article, which lists "The apigee-organization terraform module can also be used to create an Apigee hybrid organization and its associated environments. Note that the terraform module only covers the installation of the control plan"

1)Understand that indicated  Terraform module will work for for Organization/Envgrp and Env for Apigee Hybrid   cloud-foundation-fabric/modules/apigee-organization at master · GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-foundation...  

2) Also Do we have Apigee Hybrid terraform module for cert-Manager ? Link lists as Secreat Manger ? cloud-foundation-fabric/README.md at master · GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-foundation-fabric (github.co...

1) That's correct, the org plane components for hybrid can be created using Terraform.

2) For cert manager I'd recommend you use the helm resource together with the cert manager helm  chart.

@strebel  Thanks for details but I would recommend having Terraform Module for Apigee Hybrid runtime as well, let us know once your team publishes such information

Looks like Terraform Module is only available for Apigee Hybrid Control Plane

Coincidentally this is something I was working on in the background. The k8s workloads are currently not provided in a suitable from that would allow for an easy deployment with terraform but the sample here should get you a few steps closer.
https://github.com/apigee/terraform-modules/tree/main/samples/hybrid-gke