Apigee Eval Account Key Value Maps

I have setup an Apigee Eval account and I was trying to create a Key Value map but the UI allows me to create a new Key Value map, but there is no option to add any values.

Any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 1 117
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. You are not missing anything. The UI has not yet been updated to allow the viewing or creation of KVM entries. I think that's coming in the future.

For now, to add and view entries , you need to use the KVM API. The call to add an entry would look like this:

POST :apigee/v1/organizations/:org/environments/:env/keyvaluemaps/:kvm/entries
Authorization: Bearer :token
Content-Type: application/json

{"name":"new-entry-to-add", "value":"keyValue1"}

You can run that from curl, or postman, or whatever REST client you're comfortable with. And of course you'd have to replace all those placeholder items ( :org , :env , etc) with values relevant for your purpose.

To get a usable token, open a terminal and run this command:

gcloud auth print-access-token

And to list existing entries

GET :apigee/v1/organizations/:org/environments/:env/keyvaluemaps/:kvm/entries

There's also support for a DELETE for a specific entry. In all these cases, :apigee is https//apigee.googleapis. com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yes. You are not missing anything. The UI has not yet been updated to allow the viewing or creation of KVM entries. I think that's coming in the future.

For now, to add and view entries , you need to use the KVM API. The call to add an entry would look like this:

POST :apigee/v1/organizations/:org/environments/:env/keyvaluemaps/:kvm/entries
Content-Type: application/json

{"name":"new-entry-to-add", "value":"keyValue1"}

You can run that from curl, or postman, or whatever REST client you're comfortable with. And of course you'd have to replace all those placeholder items ( :org , :env , etc) with values relevant for your purpose.

To get a usable token, open a terminal and run this command:

gcloud auth print-access-token

And to list existing entries

GET :apigee/v1/organizations/:org/environments/:env/keyvaluemaps/:kvm/entries

There's also support for a DELETE for a specific entry. In all these cases, :apigee is https//apigee.googleapis. com