Adding an Apigee X Environment and Group

Hello folks,

I had my apigee x setup with single/default env and env group with a paid subscription. I want to set up a new env and env group in the existing org. 

I tried setting it up through APIGEE X UI but when I try to deploy any proxy for a particular env there is an in-deployment saying  No active runtime pods. 

abhishekchauhan_0-1676443894685.png

Please help me with this so that I can have my new env with a different virtual host. Any kind of suggestion would be of great help thanks.

Abhishek

Solved Solved
0 3 429
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. The load balancer isn't aware of your environments. The load balancer will route traffic towards your instance (via a proxy or PSC), and based on the hostname, apigee will match the appropriate environment group, and then based on the path, to the appropriate environment and API proxy. 

This means you could have 2 environments in the same environment group with the same hostname defined. You could also put each environment into separate environment groups, and each environment group would have their own hostname. You could then have 1 LB for each hostname/environment group, or 1 LB for both hostnames

2. An instance is effectively for your Apigee organization in a region. You can't have multiple instances in the same region. You can anyway have multiple LBs if needed. With that said, why do you need different IP addresses?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You probably have one more step remaining - to add your new environment to your instance.

Thanks for the suggestion @dknezic actually two ques/scenarios I want to ask:

1. if we add our new env in existing instance than IP of LB would remain same? is there any way to get different IP for this new env.

2. How can I create a new instance for this particular env so that I can get different IP of LB to setup my DNS.

Thanks

1. The load balancer isn't aware of your environments. The load balancer will route traffic towards your instance (via a proxy or PSC), and based on the hostname, apigee will match the appropriate environment group, and then based on the path, to the appropriate environment and API proxy. 

This means you could have 2 environments in the same environment group with the same hostname defined. You could also put each environment into separate environment groups, and each environment group would have their own hostname. You could then have 1 LB for each hostname/environment group, or 1 LB for both hostnames

2. An instance is effectively for your Apigee organization in a region. You can't have multiple instances in the same region. You can anyway have multiple LBs if needed. With that said, why do you need different IP addresses?