OAuth 2 Access token generation from Azure Function

Hi everyone,

I'm having a nightmare trying to use the OAuth 2 Access token generation in APIGee from an Azure Function.

So I have an Azure Function coded in C# using Rest sharp which is calling out API Proxy to get an Access token.  We use this proxy in other applications and it works fine.  We are using client_crendtial grant type.  When I run the application locally I am able to get an access toekn with no issue in Postman or the browser, but when I publish it to the azure function, I get the following error:

{"Error":"Client credentials are required","ErrorCode":"invalid_client"}

I have found other Questions on this forum regarding this, and I think I have tried every combination of Parameters, headers etc in my request with no luck.

I've done:

• set the header content-type to application/x-www-form-urlencoded
  • sent the client_id and secret in base64 and plain text with a : in the middle
  • sent the client_id on its own in the body
  • turned off all authorisation on the azure function incase that was the issue but I get the same error in the output whilst it works locally still.
  • sent Basic auth credtials alongside all of the options above
  • Created a new policy in APIGee with pass through 
  • Removed the authorization header from the flow before the oauth policy
  • forced apigee to look in the policy for client_id in formparam  using this:
    <ClientId>request.formparam.client_id</ClientId>

I think thats everything I have tried.

Are there any specific issues that anyone is aware of when using an Azure Function to call APIGee like this?  It's such a simple function which works fine locally so I know that the code can talk to APIgee and get the repsonse I want.

Thanks 

Solved Solved
0 1 1,155
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've sorted it.  I wasn't setting my remote application setting variables correctly when publishing the application.   That's me feeling like a fool forever!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I've sorted it.  I wasn't setting my remote application setting variables correctly when publishing the application.   That's me feeling like a fool forever!