Calling an API at regular intervals

Not applicable

Hi all,

I am new to Apigee Edge so please accept my apologies if my question has an obvious answer.

We are creating a mobile application that needs to call the backend services provided by another company within Apigee.

Once the end user creates the first request, the same request needs to be called at regular intervals until the user decides to stop it. Is it possible to schedule API calls within Apigee? Or the event must always come from outside, for instance, one of our servers?

Thanks,

GA

Solved Solved
0 3 739
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

There are a number of ways this can be done. One suggestion I would have you look at is the Apigee 127 project. It combines many aspects of Apigee with the power of Node.js. I'm sure that through node.js you can configure a regularly scheduled call out to an API in a straight forward manner. If you have any difficulties, please feel free to contact us back on the Community forum and we'll be glad to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

There are a number of ways this can be done. One suggestion I would have you look at is the Apigee 127 project. It combines many aspects of Apigee with the power of Node.js. I'm sure that through node.js you can configure a regularly scheduled call out to an API in a straight forward manner. If you have any difficulties, please feel free to contact us back on the Community forum and we'll be glad to help.

Is there a way to call api without using Node

Not applicable

Thank you Michael! I will take a look at it.