Solution Builder statistic not showing in dimension list

Not applicable

I created a policy extract and collection statistic using the Solution Builder. After creating and deploying the updated policy, I submitted a few tests which contain data that should have been captured. I then created a new custom report. My new report statistic was not listed in either the metrics or dimensions drop down.

Extract XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ExtractVariables async="false" continueOnError="true" enabled="true" name="__extract-statistics-request__">
    <!-- Created by the Custom Analytics Collection tool on: Fri Sep 04 2015 15:34:04 GMT-0700 (PDT) -->
    <DisplayName>Extract Statistics Request</DisplayName>
    <JSONPayload>
        <Variable name="_jsonPayload" type="string">
            <JSONPath>$.importType</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
    </JSONPayload>
</ExtractVariables>

Collect XML:

<StatisticsCollector async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="__collect-statistics-request__">
    <!-- Created by the Custom Analytics Collection tool on: Fri Sep 04 2015 15:34:04 GMT-0700 (PDT) -->
    <DisplayName>Collect Statistics Request</DisplayName>
    <Statistics>
        <Statistic name="import type" ref="_jsonPayload" type="String"/>
    </Statistics>
</StatisticsCollector>
0 4 184
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

@Greg.Schramm can you verify if you see the variable _jasonPayload is populated using the debugger?

_jasonPayload is populated at the extraction policy, but not at the collection policy. I was expecting to see "import type" listed as a variable on the collection policy step.

Not applicable

Got it, I am unable to replicate this. are you seeing this consistently?

<ExtractVariables async="false" continueOnError="true" enabled="true" name="__extract-statistics-request__">
    <!-- Created by the Custom Analytics Collection tool on: Wed Sep 09 2015 09:21:55 GMT+1000 (AEST) -->
    <DisplayName>Extract Statistics Request</DisplayName>
    <JSONPayload>
        <Variable name="_jsonPayload" type="string">
            <JSONPath>$.importType</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
    </JSONPayload>
</ExtractVariables>

and the

collect policy

<StatisticsCollector async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="__collect-statistics-request__">
    <!-- Created by the Custom Analytics Collection tool on: Wed Sep 09 2015 09:21:55 GMT+1000 (AEST) -->
    <DisplayName>Collect Statistics Request</DisplayName>
    <Statistics>
        <Statistic name="importType" ref="_jsonPayload" type="String"></Statistic>
    </Statistics>
</StatisticsCollector>

Not applicable

I am seeing this consistently, but this is the first time I've attempted to use the extract and collection policies.

When I look at the trace, should I see the _jsonPayload under Variables for the Statistics policy? I do see it under the Extract policy.

Is there any delay from the time that the policy is set-up correctly and writing data to the analytics service before the new dimension/variable shows up in the report builder drop down? I'm making changes, submitting requests, then checking the drop down. If I should wait between collections that would help my diagnostics.