can i connect two base paths(resources) to two target endpoints in a single proxy

Not applicable

Hello All,

I have created a proxy without base path. later i have added two resources /test and /test2. Then i got two flows with respective conditions in proxy endpoint. Can i connect to two different target endpoints from these flows. I have created two target endpoints and referred them in two routing rules also. But how to link the condition in resource flow with routing rule.

First of all: Can i connect to different endpoints based on different resources.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat

0 2 373
2 REPLIES 2

yes, you can do that

In your proxy endpoint xml, you can add mutliple routerules to route to targets based on condition

<RouteRule name="MyRoute">
  <Condition>proxy.pathSuffix MatchesPath "/test"</Condition>
  <TargetEndpoint>TargetEndpoint1</TargetEndpoint>
</RouteRule>
<RouteRule name="route2">
  <Condition>proxy.pathSuffix MatchesPath "/test1"</Condition>
 <TargetEndpoint>TargetEndpoint2</TargetEndpoint>
</RouteRule>
<RouteRule name="default"> 
 <TargetEndpoint>default</TargetEndpoint>
</RouteRule>

Refer here, http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/unders...

for more details

Hi Madhavan,

yes, by using the routing rules with conditions, we can achieve but my requirement is use the resource feature.

By adding the two resources, i get below conditions in flows.

How to leverage or use these conditions to route calls to respective target endpoints instead of relying on the conditions in routing rules tags.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ProxyEndpoint name="default"> <Description/> <PreFlow name="PreFlow"> <Request/> <Response/> </PreFlow>

<Flows>

<Flow name="test1">

<Description/> <Request/> <Response/>

<Condition>(proxy.pathsuffix MatchesPath "/sfapi/v1/soap") and (request.verb = "GET")</Condition> </Flow>

<Flow name="test2">

<Description/> <Request/> <Response/>

<Condition>(proxy.pathsuffix MatchesPath "/odata/v2/") and (request.verb = "GET")</Condition> </Flow>

</Flows> <PostFlow name="PostFlow"> <Request/> <Response/> </PostFlow>

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.