Where can I find fault names ?

Not applicable

I am trying to find the list of all fault names in the apigee world, but it seems that I can't find one. Can someone point me out ?

sample fault name is "InvalidAPIKey"

Solved Solved
2 18 2,204
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Dear @Hanzel Garcia ,

Great Question,

Please find Fault Taxonomy documentation here which summarize list of fault names. It's not easily visible in the documentation due to a broken link. Thank you for asking same.

Faults for each Step (Policy) type are defined in the Policy Reference. See Policy reference overview and navigate to individual policy documentation page. For Example for Verify API Key policy you can find fault names (error codes) here.

1054-faultnames.png

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Dear @Hanzel Garcia ,

Great Question,

Please find Fault Taxonomy documentation here which summarize list of fault names. It's not easily visible in the documentation due to a broken link. Thank you for asking same.

Faults for each Step (Policy) type are defined in the Policy Reference. See Policy reference overview and navigate to individual policy documentation page. For Example for Verify API Key policy you can find fault names (error codes) here.

1054-faultnames.png

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

@docs team , One of the reference link is broken in this page. Page just reloads instead scrolling to the section. Please find attached screenshot. I guess it's an issue with AJAX plugin.

1053-fault-handling-apigee-product-documentation.png

@Anil Sagar, thank you for your response. I sure hope I could get a link to a page where all the fault names are listed once the fix is done.

@Hanzel Garcia , Here is the link to the page. It's just link to to the section broken , but list does exists.

I see, thanks. Please notify me again once the fix is applied 😄 Can't wait to see the existing list.

@Hanzel Garcia , please see attached pic for the list in the updated answer.. See text version here.

so fault names to be used on fault rules are like for example "InternalServerError". Does attached picture contains all APIGEE fault names? Is that really all?

@Hanzel Garcia , Please check updated answer. Faults for each Step (Policy) type are defined in the Policy Reference. See Policy reference overview and navigate to individual policy documentation page. For Example for Verify API Key policy you can find fault names (error codes) here which includes "InvalidAPIKey"

@Anil Sagar, Thank you for your vigorous answers. The last updated answer with the link to each policy references and their error codes sums up my queries, I hope the fix for the broken link, answers the "List for all Fault names per policy". I sure hope you have that kind of documentation for ease of access because its kinda tedious to browse each policy then only see the their respective error codes. Thanks!

Thank you @Hanzel Garcia for the great feedback . We will let our docs team know about same. FYI, @docs . You can also use our ideas section to propose new ideas around Apigee Products.

I fixed the broken link on that page: http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/fault-handling.

However, as Anil mentioned, that page does not contain a complete list of all faults. You have to view the pages for individual policies to see the faults raised by those policies.

Stephen

Awesome, Thank you @sgilson for swift action.

@sgilson , can we have a page which lists all the fault names by Policy ? Just posted an idea here.

I can file a bug for that. Stephen

Thank you @sgilson , Please keep us posted when the doc is published with full list of fault names by policy.

We now have a single page for all policy errors: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/error-code-reference. Thanks, @wwitman!

Super cool @Floyd Jones , @wwitman , @docs team.. This is one of the most sought feature in Apigee Docs.

Great! This documentation would go a long way! Thanks for accepting my suggestion!