Question is about company developer and developer apps in monetization context

My question is about company developer and developer apps, I am referring to link https://apidocs.apigee.com/docs/company-developers/1/overview and according to this, Once the existing developer is added to a company, apps created by developer becomes company apps. It is bit confusing to me

1) A developer can be part of many companies in monetization context, if a developer linked with many companies creates an app (developer app), would it be considered a company app and if yes, which company ?

2) If developer is existing apigee developer and has existing developer apps, once developer gets added to a company, would the individual developer apps become company apps ?

3) If a developer added to a company logged in to Dev portal ( Monetization is not enabled in portal as of now for us so can not verify) , would the developer see the individual developer apps only OR also the company apps of companies that he/she is part of?

0 2 212
2 REPLIES 2

rk2021
Participant I

Here is what I think (Based on the knowledge i have)

1. It will be a developer app, Company app can be created as a separate app with the entity being the company creating that.

2. No, You can have a company app and use the unique key/secret key combination that comes with it to communicate to proxies as company app

3. I haven't much knowledge of portal however my understanding is that as they are individual entities it's all about how you set up the permissions on your dev portal. Whether you provide the access to company app for the developer is up to your discretion. Hope this provides some clarification.

Thanks Ravi for the answer. What I am hearing is, a developer app created either through Dev portal/edge UI ('developer' radio button chosen) OR through a management call would always stay as developer app and when the developer logs in to portal, developer would always see it in portal.

A company app created in edge UI ('Company' radio button chosen) or through a management API call would always be a company app and when a developer of that company logs in portal, depending on if the Apigee_company module is enabled in portal he/she may/may not see the company app.

Documentation here https://apidocs.apigee.com/docs/company-developers/1/overview is really

confusing though and add more confusion when we consider 'Team' and 'Team apps' concepts in apigee.