Steps to migrate from IBM API Connect to Google Apigee

Could you please share the steps that we need to follow, in order to migrate from IBM API Connect to Google Apigee? What's the general approach?

0 8 1,499
8 REPLIES 8

I did such project and it worked flawlessly. All depends on what you have on your API Connect currently, drop me a line, we can chat about it.

@Denis_KALITVI - Let me know your approach and the migraton considerations as looking at both API and the products/apps etc. For API's, did your project did use any kind of automation and interested in understanding the same. 

This is a complex question and requires an understanding of your current situation, APIC deployment, etc. There are some development tools we have to make migration easier, you can drop me a line if you need some commercial help. I think giving you the answers. while not knowing the clear picture, is not professional from my side. 

Hi Denis, I am interested in the solution. My requirement is to migrate api from apigee to api connect and I am looking for an automatatic process for the same. Please let me know how can we connect.

Not applicable

I have done this in multiple organisations from different products. I would suggest the below steps:

1. check if the proxy behaviour should remain same in Apigee after migration or the security and other advanced features will be used. I am asking because, some organisation do the latest securities implementation in Apigee.

2. Ask the Service team or the API Connect team to provide the openapi/swagger document for the proxy.

3. develop the proxy in apigee as per the document first to support the request and response pattern.

4. Implement the functionalities as per the decision in step 1.

This may take couple of months for all proxies, as per the number of proxies.

Thank you Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena
Do you know if there is some way to create an automation for migrating multiple proxies from api connect to apigee?

If you have multiple proxies having same functionalities then you can create a Jenkins pipeline to automate the development of those proxies.

thanks for info but how will this help in automation of  API migration from IBM APIC to APigee i.e source to target as there will be transformation required.