Deleting Virtual Host returns 400 Response Code with Error Message "Resource is in use by..." Proxies

Even though I am not executing any of my API Proxies, I get "HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request" followed by the below error message, when I try to delete the "default" virtual host in my org.

{
  "code": "events.EventHandlingFailure",

"message": "Resource is in use by [ProxyEndpoint:default;API Proxy:infogroup-match;Revision:1;Environment:test;Organization:adevegowda, ProxyEndpoint:default;API Proxy:Hello-World-Nodejs;Revision:1;Environment:test;Organization:adevegowda, ProxyEndpoint:default;API Proxy:TestBase64JS;Revision:2;Environment:test;Organization:adevegowda]",

"contexts": []

}
Solved Solved
0 4 526
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The error message indicates that the "default" virtual host is referenced in the ProxyEndpoint of some/all proxies in the org "adevegowda", and these proxies are deployed in "test" environment. Hence, it can't be deleted.

Before we delete a virtual host from an environment, we need to do the following:

1) Undeploy all those proxies listed in the error message

2) Remove the following line from the ProxyEndpoint of all those proxies listed in the error message:

<VirtualHost>default</VirtualHost>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The error message indicates that the "default" virtual host is referenced in the ProxyEndpoint of some/all proxies in the org "adevegowda", and these proxies are deployed in "test" environment. Hence, it can't be deleted.

Before we delete a virtual host from an environment, we need to do the following:

1) Undeploy all those proxies listed in the error message

2) Remove the following line from the ProxyEndpoint of all those proxies listed in the error message:

<VirtualHost>default</VirtualHost>

Correct! Thanks for sharing!

I have updated the doc here with that info.

Stephen

@Stephen Gilson,

Thanks a lot for updating the docs.