Drupal or Custom Portal (customized to work with Shibboleth and Grouper)

fcardamone
Participant I

NEED HELP: Howdy folks. I'm working with a client right now and they are having a hard time deciding if they want to use a Drupal Portal or a custom portal as their API portal in Production and Non-Production environments. The issue is that with Drupal, they do not have any specific developers with Drupal experience....so they are leaning towards a custom Portal...But if they choose to go Drupal, they also have concerns around IAM (identity and access management) and how they would customize the portal to work with their IAM systems. Here is the direct message from the client:"The one thing I keep thinking about is the portal for pre prod and prod. I think we will want to start digging in to some investigative work around portal implementations. I don't have a clear understanding of what it would take if we did go down the drupal path for portals. Not saying we would, but I don't think we know enough about what that would take, specifically around how we can customize to work with out IAM stuff and how/where we would host. Does Apigee have any info to share on that or any examples of a client who did this sort of role based access control/IAM integration with drupal?"So MY ASK; Does anyone have any direct knowledge about implementing Drupal portals specifically around IAM and customizing it to work properly?

1 4 234
4 REPLIES 4

sjm2000-1
Participant I

May I know which IAM product are you referring to?

Thanks

Sure...they are using quite a few different IAM services, but the one that is most relevant to this project is Shibboleth and Grouper.

bdraven-1
Participant II

Thank you sir! I appreciate it!