i need help with sample proxy to check the connectivity from management api and target servers using proxy

i want to know if we can check the connectivity between management server and target server using proxy api call .as of now i am executing the curl command to check that but would like to know if this can be done via api call

Solved Solved
0 5 367
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

You can create a no target proxy. Add a service callout to that. In service callout use a request header variable to set the target url

Now hit the proxy, in trace you can see connectivity.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Management api doesn't connect to the backend. Always target connectivity is checked against message processor.

If you want to test the connectivity, create a simple proxy and use the backend in that to test.

You can also use dynamic url using service callout, and pass the target to the proxy and hit, in that way you can test the connectivity.

from message processor i can run the curl to that target server for connectivity test , but if i want to test the same from proxy like from UI ( i update the target server and perform the trace to see if connectivity is success or not) is it possible

if i want to test the same from proxy like from UI

What do you mean by this? Maybe you could explain it in more basic terms. I understand when you say "from message processor i can run the curl to the target." I think by that you mean from the VM that runs the message processor, you can run curl successfully to reach the target. And you want to "test the same from proxy" ?? Which means what? and what is the significance of the phrase "like from UI" ? Maybe explain using a few more words.

getting back to your original question, "if we can check the connectivity between management server and target server using proxy api call". I cannot make sense of that at all. There is no connectivity between the management server and the target server.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Not applicable

You can create a no target proxy. Add a service callout to that. In service callout use a request header variable to set the target url

Now hit the proxy, in trace you can see connectivity.

this worked thanks so much @Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena