How to convert json path condition as case insensitive in extract variable policy

How to convert key Value as case insensitive in the extract variable policy json payload
<Variable name="keyValue"> <JSONPath>$.keys[?(@.keyValue=='ABC')].keyValue[0]</JSONPath>

Solved Solved
0 3 2,505
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you want to get the element text, when an attribute on the parent case-insensitively matches a specific value.

And JsonPath doesn't do that. Not in Apigee, not in any JsonPath implementation, as far as I know.

So the way to do the extraction, is to use JavaScript. If you show me an example JSON , I can show you a JS that will extract the value you want. Or you can sort of explore yourself by checking out prior examples that reference JSON here on community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think you want to get the element text, when an attribute on the parent case-insensitively matches a specific value.

And JsonPath doesn't do that. Not in Apigee, not in any JsonPath implementation, as far as I know.

So the way to do the extraction, is to use JavaScript. If you show me an example JSON , I can show you a JS that will extract the value you want. Or you can sort of explore yourself by checking out prior examples that reference JSON here on community.

Thanks @Dino-at-Google
<JSONPayload>
        <Variable name="keyValue">
            <JSONPath>$.keys[?(@.keyValue=='ABC')].keyValue[0]</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
 </JSONPayload>

Request: {"keys": [ { "keyValue": "abc", "keyName": "programName" } ] }<br>I'm trying here to extract keyValue when json path matches and want condition to be case insensitive.<br>

I think you want something like this:

var valueToFind = 'ABC';
var payload = JSON.parse(context.getVariable('request.content'));

function matchCaseInsensitive(needle) {
  needle = needle.toLowerCase();
  return function (item) {
    return item.keyValue.toLowerCase() == needle;
  };
}

var found = payload.keys.filter(matchCaseInsensitive(valueToFind));

if (found.length) { 
  context.setVariable('foundKey', JSON.stringify(found[0]));