Latency and Security in using Apigee Cloud.

Not applicable

Hi

I am new to Apigee, and just started using Apigee Edge cloud solution. I need to know some answers. It will be very helpful for me.

1. What is the latency in using the Apigee cloud instead of On premise solution. I would also like to know what is the downtime percentage as if I am using Apigee server I am completely dependent on them.

2. Apigee provided me with an organiztion account which is having a username and password, is there any other authtication though which apigee recognizes that the request is coming from my account ony, and the same goes for the response, I am asking these as anybody can hack my URL and send the same request.

3. As our API's will be containing the data for financial transaction, I am a bit worried about the keeping my data on the cloud and passing through Apigee server. What kind of security is there on the cloud?

Thanks in advance , Kindly dont mind if my quesitions are very basic.

0 4 992
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Nirmal,

> Latency depends on several things, region, complexity, load and many more, its applicable for both on-prem and cloud. We have seen several Apigee customers both in cloud and on-prem having a apigee added latency of just few milliseconds to few hundred milliseconds. Its hard to tell a number, but the good news is Apigee provides tools to understand your latency across all the dimensions

> Regarding availability, Apigee cloud offers upto 99.99% availability, you could also check status.apigee.com for more details?

> I see your question in community related to this, this is API security and there is variety of options to secure your API, oauth, saml, IPs, Keys, basic authentications, open id etc..

> Cloud has PCI, and we also have some financial services customers in the cloud.

If you are evaluating Apigee for your business needs, I would strongly encourage you to reach out to sales@apigee.com, to learn more or schedule time with an expert to discuss your requirements in detail

Thanks,

I have already mailed sales@apigee.com with my questions. Hope to get the reply soon. Thanks for quick replies.

alan

I'll just add to that.

If you are communicating between an outside client (e.g. a mobile app) and backend hosted either on Amazon or your own datacenter, Apigee cloud is fine. If you are communicating between services on the amazon cloud, using apigee in the cloud is very fast too (just make sure your EC2 / AWS Lambda is in the same region as your Apigee Cloud). If your communication is between 2 services in your own datacenter, its better to use Apigee's On prem solution or Apigee's Microgateway.

@alan@apigee.com

and @Mukundha Madhavan

for question #3 involving security have you seen any clients use a vpn or vpc between AWS for an org and Apigee's AWS?