Access Level of API Product v/s API Catalogue Publishing and Visibility

asharma377
Participant V

Hi,

When I create API Product I see option Private, Internal and Public for Access field. I do not understand how this field works and what is it's exact purpose. We are also using Integrated Dev portal.

I see documentation below defining this -

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/what-api-product#access-levels

Access levelDescription
Public API products that are available to all developers. You can add them to integrated or Drupal-based developer portals.
Private or Internal onlyAPI products that are designed for private or internal use.

To make these APIs available to the APP Developers I need to create API Catalogue and publish.

When I am creating an API Catalogue and add products i can see in the list the product irrespective of whatever Access level I set.

In API Catalogue there is again option to Publish API and set API visibility to Public/Authenticated users. What APIs I see in Integrated Dev Portal is controlled by this field. So what is the use of Access Level that we define for API Product.

Please clarify.

thanks,

Aakash

Solved Solved
1 2 194
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robert
Participant V

sorry about the confusion. For integrated portals, use the Audiences setting. Currently the "Access Level" field doesn't apply for integrated portals. It is used for Drupal-based portals.

Take a look here for the docs on API visibility in Integrated Portal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

robert
Participant V

sorry about the confusion. For integrated portals, use the Audiences setting. Currently the "Access Level" field doesn't apply for integrated portals. It is used for Drupal-based portals.

Take a look here for the docs on API visibility in Integrated Portal.

thanks a lot for clarification !!