Base path conflicts with RESTful APIs

Not applicable

This is a pretty simple question.

Common with RESTful

List all accounts

.... /accounts

Create individual account

..../accounts

These are unique because List uses the GET verb while Create uses POST.

Similar,

Show individual account detail

..../accounts/{id}

I'm getting conflicts when defining any two of these.

0 7 1,247
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Looking at your use case I guess you should create only one Proxy with /accounts as Base path. List, create and get account details should be the flows/operations in the proxy .

You can define flow name listAccounts with condition as request verb GET , create as request verb POST and getAccountDetails with pathsufix /{id} and request verb GET .

From what I can see, that means I cannot track the the individual calls for e.g. list vs create vs. detail. Which limits my analytics.

Hi @Thom Linden,

I guess if you set a variable flow.resource.name in Assign Message policy as your first step inside each of the flow, you should be able to get . It should be something like:

<AssignVariable>

<Name>flow.resource.name</Name>

<Ref>current.flow.name</Ref>

</AssignVariable>

Please note that this should be done before the Verify Access Token Policy in case you are using oauth2 bearer tokens .

I will try that and see how analytics turn out. Thanks Manish

Former Community Member
Not applicable

What kind of conflicts are you getting? Can you post a screen shot of your proxy overview definition?

Not applicable

Is there any reason why you need to create two API Proxies for the same resource? Basepath in Apigee is static, therefore two APIs cannot have the same one. Please try the solution posted by @Manish.singh.

API Proxies->Develop Tab->Proxy Endpoints->Default->Change Base Path->Click API Proxies->It says "Uploading Proxy" and you will see the change.