keymanagement.service.InvalidClientIdForGivenApp

dmoha

I am making a post request on apigee private cloud instance with a key that was generated on the Saas. I'd like to not have to provide new keys when we move from saas to private cloud instances.

The request comes back with this

{ "code": "keymanagement.service.InvalidClientIdForGivenApp", "message": "Invalid consumer key for Given App", "contexts": [] }

0 2 227
2 REPLIES 2

??

What is then policy that generates the message you see? I don’t believe I know that one.

The keys that you generate in any instance of Apigee are usable only in that instance. If you generate keys and credentials in the sass instance, then that is where those credentials will be valid. If you generate credentials in the private cloud instance, then the credentials will be valid in that instance. You cannot take credentials generated in one instance and try to use them in the other instance. That will fail.

There is a way to import credentials. Search the community for “import credentials” and you will find enlightenment.

Not applicable

Did you migrate the client key and secret from sas to onprem?

You need to ensure that credential is present in onprem and the proxy is registered with the product, product is registered with that particular developer app in onprem.