Sharing cassandra with multiple hybrid orgs in one anthos cluster

So we have one Anthos user cluster where we want to install multiple apigee organizations.

Installation wasn't much of a problem. By default it seems like the apigee-cassandra component is shared, which is what we want to conserve resources. While org and environment specific pods come up with org/env names, the apigee cassandras are just

apigee-cassandra-default

And there are two jobs that get completed that are org specific:

apigee-cassandra-schema-setup-[org-name]

apigee-cassandra-user-setup-[org-name]

First, I want to verify that that's what's intended, that all orgs in one cluster share cassandra.

Second, I wanted to ask what happens if a subsequent org that is created has a different cassandra configuration? For example, I set up org 1 with a 2 container limit for cassandra. If I create an org that has a 3 container limit, does it just take whichever override configuration I used last and create a 3rd container, allowing org1 to use all three?

Third, I want to ask how a deletion of one org works.

Uninstall instructions are here:

https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/hybrid/v1.4/uninstall

I would think a blanket delete of all apigee components will also delete cassandra?

apigeectl delete -f overrides_file.yaml

Or is cassandra not included? If it is included I'd think we'd have to do something like

apigeectl delete -f overrides_file.yaml --org --all-envs

but does cassandra data for the org get deleted in that case? Or is there some extra step to clean up the org without impacting cassandra for other orgs?

0 0 182
0 REPLIES 0