Is there any java call out jars for connecting to Any DataBase

Hello Team,

Is there any java callout jar to connect backend database like MySQL, Oracle..etc

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 3 146
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, there is no Jar or callout that lets you connect directly with an arbitrary database.

And, I wouldn't aspire to do it the way I think you're suggesting. If I were architecting the solution, I would not connect the client, to Apigee, to the database. Some people have done things this way, but I don't advise it.

Instead I would introduce a services layer, so that the data path is client-> Apigee -> service -> Database.

That service layer can be hosted anywhere; Cloud Run, App Engine, some other application container layer.

The reason I would prefer to architect things that way is that, Apigee is not designed to be a general purpose application container or hoster. On the other hand, those other systems have a lot of flexibility, and present options for how youd like your app to be exposed and managed.

Let Apigee do its thing: manage the APIs. Let a different tool(App Engine, Cloud run, etc) take care of managing and running the application. And let the database do its thing, too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sravani

You can write the code in Java to connect to the database and perform the DB operations.

So basically you can write any HTTP call as well in the Java code and build the jar to use it in Java callout.

No, there is no Jar or callout that lets you connect directly with an arbitrary database.

And, I wouldn't aspire to do it the way I think you're suggesting. If I were architecting the solution, I would not connect the client, to Apigee, to the database. Some people have done things this way, but I don't advise it.

Instead I would introduce a services layer, so that the data path is client-> Apigee -> service -> Database.

That service layer can be hosted anywhere; Cloud Run, App Engine, some other application container layer.

The reason I would prefer to architect things that way is that, Apigee is not designed to be a general purpose application container or hoster. On the other hand, those other systems have a lot of flexibility, and present options for how youd like your app to be exposed and managed.

Let Apigee do its thing: manage the APIs. Let a different tool(App Engine, Cloud run, etc) take care of managing and running the application. And let the database do its thing, too.

That's totally right Dino. This is the best solution. Though I had just mentioned the possible way of doing it on Apigee if it is not possible to have a service layer. But I agree that we should use Apigee what it is built for. There are many clients who don't understand this.