Seting a developer's status using API method doesn't works

As per Apigee Api docummentation the request for activate/inactivate the Status of a developer should be sent to https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/{org_name}/developers/{developer_email} and only one parameter should be informde (action=inactive or action=acive).

The documentation also says that the response should have no content (no json) and just de code (204 or 400).

What happens is that when sending the request this way I get a response asking for more params ({ "code" : "developer.service.CreateFieldsAbsent", "message" : "Following elements are required: Email, User Name, First Name, Last Name", "contexts" : [ ] }).

So I decided to inform such params and I get the following json as response:

({ "apps" : [ "proj_DELETAVEL Star1" ], "companies" : [ ], "email" : "DELETAVELStar1@hotmail.com", "developerId" : "7d86b146-9b10-4a4e-b339-d31bb2eac0e3", "firstName" : "Spock", "lastName" : "Vulcano", "userName" : "DELETAVEL Star1", "organizationName" : "*****", "status" : "active", "attributes" : [ ], "createdAt" : 1612544093933, "createdBy" : "*****@*******", "lastModifiedAt" : 1612558388455, "lastModifiedBy" : "****@*****" })

and the "lastModifiedAt" param changes everytime a send a request.

All the facts above lead me to conclude the docummentation is wrong and the URL is not correct since it seems I am doing a request to another method of API.

Could anyone please help me with this?

What is the correct URL for request developer status change to inactive for example?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards, Romualdo

Solved Solved
0 2 160
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Priyadarshi.

Problem solved by adding the missing ?action=inactive on the post url.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I am not sure which link you are referring.

I did check the below link

https://apidocs.apigee.com/docs/developers/1/overview

and found

"Update an existing developer profile.

To add new values or update existing values, submit the new or updated portion of the developer profile along with the rest of the existing developer profile, even if no values are changing."

So, this expects in PUT you to send all the body you receive from the GET call and the one you want to update.

Thanks Priyadarshi.

Problem solved by adding the missing ?action=inactive on the post url.