More than one version deployed in Apigee Edge

I have somehow managed to deploy more than one version of my proxy to the same environment:

10762-image.png

What have I done wrong? How do I deploy a single version?

What are the implications for a client?

1 2 417
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

The deployment of different versions is an allowed option.

If you would have same revision and same base path then it would be a incorrect scenario.

But when it's different versions, that means you have different basepath then it's as expected. When you are doing a major version upgrade you need to keep the previous one to be working for some more days. In that case the multiple versions deployment works. Your basepath would change like v1/xyz and v2/xyz from revision 1 to 2.

But if you have same basepath and deployed more than one revisions in same environment then your set up has issue. You need to work on the infra to override the deployment and it's timeout.

Yes. Look in your API Proxy for a configuration fragment like this:

<HTTPProxyConnection>
    <BasePath>/basepath-here</BasePath>
    <Properties/>
    <VirtualHost>secure</VirtualHost>
  </HTTPProxyConnection>

The combination of BasePath and VirtualHost must be unique across all deployed proxies (not just across versions of a particular proxy). If you change either of those in a proxy, moving from revision N to revision N+1, then deploying N+1 will not implicitly cause undeploy of revision N. That is probably what OP is seeing.