[Private Cloud Installation] Do we need Cassandra + Zookeeper sync between two zones?

Here is the high-level component diagram of the Apigee gateway.

10730-arch.png

Internet Zone and Intranet Zone are two subnets separated from each other by an FW. Management cluster is shared and same for both the zones. RMP from internet zone will connect with RMP of intranet zone in case of any internal API call.

As required, Management Server will have access to the components from both the zones. Also, management server will be accessible over management IP for rest of the components.

Now, I need to understand, is there a need to have sync between CS+ZK cluster of internet zone and CS+ZK cluster of intranet zone? And I think this will be answered if we get an answer for how will we separate APIs from internet zone to intranet zone. Should there be a separate org? But, a management server can handle only one org.
Can you help me how can we organize different APIs from different zones?

0 3 187
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

If you are having cszk in intrenet zone and internet zone then you have to make the cszk in ring, in simple yes those will be in sync.

What I understand, in your case you need not to have separate cszk for intranet and internet.

I would suggest to have cszk in your internet and connect them with rmps of internet through some firewall rules.

You can create separate organizations like intranet and internet and then each having dev, qa, preprod.

Else you can have dev, qa, preprod organizations and each will have intranet and internet environment.

I do prefer the first one as intranet and internet containers will be separated.

Thank you for your answer.
So, with separate orgs setup for internet and intranet zones having shared CSZK and management cluster is the solution for me.

Yes, separate organizations for intranet and internet and both with shared cszk and management cluster.