Error fetching Status: Organization : 123-TEST does not exist

In Version 4.19.06.00 (on-premise installation) it was possible to create organizations having UPPERCASE in its name.

However, documentation still tells that org names MUST be lowercase. Testing in our PROD system in version 4.19.01.00, the org name with uppercase ran into subsequent issues during org population.

Hence I deleted the org (including env, analytics, all env/org associations), following the official Apigee documentation.

Afterwards, I created an org with the same name, but lowercase. Creation was successful, and I can use the org.

But in Edge UI, I get the error message:

Error fetching StatusOrganization : 123-TEST does not exist

when Edge calls the URL with lowercase org name:

http://myhost:17000/ws/123-test/gettingStarted/status

The response is:

{"errorInfo":{"operationsStack":[],"extraData":{},"gatewayRequestUrl":null,"gatewayRequestBody":null,"gatewayErrorCode":null,"gatewayErrorMessage":"Organization : 123-TEST does not exist","errorMessage":null,"gatewayResponseStatus":404,"stackTrace":null,"responseStatus":404}}

I don't have any clue where Apigee fetches this orphaned entry, and how to delete it.

Any hints what's going on and how to repair?

0 2 169
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

see, if any restriction is provided by apigee in docs, and it still is working, that means in any higher release apigee can restrict strictly.

I see in the org name you are starting with number then - and TEST. I would suggest not to do like that, you can set something like dev, qa, preprod, prod etc.

and the response you are getting has the below in its body.

"gatewayErrorMessage":"Organization : 123-TEST does not exist"

I would suggest you to do management api call for the organization

http://msip:8080/v1/o/

and you will be able to see all existing orgs. then you can delete the one which you don't want and create the one which you want.

This is exactly what I did:

• Only using management API calls
  • Deleting the org 123-TEST, as I wanted to correct it to lowercase
    • Deep deletion, following all the Apigee instructions for deleting env/org with all associations and analytics cleanup
  • Creating org 123-test

After this procedure, using org 123-test, for some reason Apigee is still aware of "123-TEST", although it is already deleted.