Data Center Expansion 4 DCs

Hello,

I've read through the article on adding a DC in the below link -

https://safe.menlosecurity.com/https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.19.06/adding-data-center

We have reached out to Apigee Customer success team, but wanted to check within the community if anyone would be willing to share their experience on setting up multiple DC's.

We have two and adding two more DC's for our environment.

0 6 319
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

I have added extra data center in past. The process I followed is from the document and it worked fine.

Ref: https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.18.05/adding-data-center

i went through the article, We are looking for a solution to have Apigee blue-green deployment at the API level on our Private cloud platform.

we already have 2 dc setup and would like to add 2 more DC. so in total that will be 4 DC setup. At any point of time we will have 2DC in active mode. Could you please share 4DC config file for reference ?

I read few articles which says we can do loadbalancing at target level.

• You can do this with TargetServers. Check out this page, and specifically look for the Weighted load balancing option. This requires you to modify the TargetEndpoint when you want to change the weights.

but this will not solve our requirement as we do not want to divert live traffic to the passive node.

Is there a way to setup this at a third party load balancer like F5 or A10 ? if yes how CS/ZK/PS etc replication happens.

@Sujeet Aryal Can you let me know what did apigee team say ? we are looking to have similar enviornment but mostly looking for hot/cold config. Any 2 DC will be active at any point of time.

This active passive configuration you can do at the load balancer level infront of multi dc Apigee architecture.

We are looking for a solution to have Apigee blue-green deployment at the API level on our Private cloud platform.

we already have 2 dc setup and would like to add 2 more DC. so in total that will be 4 DC setup. At any point of time we will have 2DC in active mode. Could you please share 4DC config file for reference ?

I read few articles which says we can do loadbalancing at target level.

• You can do this with TargetServers. Check out this page, and specifically look for the Weighted load balancing option. This requires you to modify the TargetEndpoint when you want to change the weights.

but this will not solve our requirement as we do not want to divert live traffic to the passive node.

Is there a way to setup this at a third party load balancer like F5 or A10 ? if yes how CS/ZK/PS etc replication happens.

Not applicable

@Jaganath, first thing is you are looking into wrong direction.

The target server part is in the south bound side that means it's between Apigee and backend.

In your case you want to increase the dc. So, the load balancer will be in northbound. The load balancer will be infront of routers, that you can use f5 or any lb.

You have to configure the routers health check in the f5.

cs, zk will be in sync in all DCs. PS you can make 1 master and 3 standby.

The config file you can follow for the adding one dc to existing infra.