Conditional flow hook

shawkyfoda
Participant IV

Is There any way to define a "Conditional flow hook" by which a logic will be applied for all the conditional flows

for example I need to extract flow name in a variable for all the conditional flows in order to pass it to syslog policy

0 5 528
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

flow hooks are specified for the particular four positions before and after the preflow and postflow. You cannot enforce that on conditional flow.

you can do one thing,

in a postflow hook specify the flow pathsuffix as condition and set the name of the flow for specific condition.

In that, you have to add the condition for each proxy and then each flow. if the flow condition matches it will seth the flow name in the varibale.

Thank you.. I have more than 30 proxy each with about 10 flows.

I have to duplicate its conditions and its flow name....

Im looking for a better and simple solution. Thank you

I understand that. But this is the option which I can see as of now.

this is how I have implemented for some APIs. That doesn't require me to add anything at proxy level for existing proxies.

No, There is no way to provision a flowhook so that it runs within the conditional flow.

Also, AFAIK there is no way to determine which proxy flow was selected, from within the postflow or within a flowhook. The "current.flow.name" indicates the name fo the flow, only while the proxy is witihn the flow.