if i hit a fault - and go into the fault flow - will i still fall out to the PostClientFlow?

Not applicable

I am doing a bunch of logging work lately - and i have a question about how these flows work.

if i hit a fault - and go into the fault flow - will i still fall out to the PostClientFlow?

I ask - because that means I can set variables, etc, in the fault rules, but still have things log in PostClientFlow.. if this works..

Solved Solved
0 4 193
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

If you mean Proxy Post Flow you will not. Things like the statistics collector which run post response will still execute.

If you have clean up, logging or other general policies to run on all flows you will want to repeat them in your Default Fault Handler configuration and/or in the individual Fault Rules you have defined.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

If you mean Proxy Post Flow you will not. Things like the statistics collector which run post response will still execute.

If you have clean up, logging or other general policies to run on all flows you will want to repeat them in your Default Fault Handler configuration and/or in the individual Fault Rules you have defined.

@David Allen

Okay - so its not working as I suspected.

I asked another question here:

https://community.apigee.com/questions/8827/if-a-fault-is-handled-by-a-local-fault-rule-will-d.html

So i used one of your own examples to map out and test what I was actually trying to do - and it turns out it works. To illustrate:

1046-fault-rules.jpg

You can see that when a fault is raised - i still get into the Post Client Flow - which does not expose a lot of stuff - but it does allow me to get my logging completed!

Im going to piece a couple of the concepts from this and other threads together now. Thanks!

Not applicable

Comprehensive documentation here.