Downloading bundles using Maven

Hi

I'm looking at using Maven to manage our deployments, storing API Proxies in our Git repositories.

I have found samples using the Maven Apigee Deploy plugin for building a bundle from the repository and publishing it onto our Apigee Edge instance. However, the Apigee management plane is obviously the IDE for developing proxies, which leads me to my question:

How do we download a bundle from Apigee using Maven?

I can't find any documentation that mentions this use case. I assume the developer isn't expected to download the bundle manually, unzip it and then copy the files into his/her local repository before committing the changes? That could be error-prone to say the least!

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Richard

0 2 149
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

@Richard Thomas - You are right. The plugin does not support proxy download. The intention of the plugin is to package your code from the repo and deploy it to Apigee. Even if the plugin was able to download the code from Apigee, you still need the developer to merge the code into the repo. You could use something like rsync and merge the code, but the general recommendation is to leave it to the developer.

Please bear in mind that proxy is just one of the entities pushed to Apigee. Apigee also has configurations like Targetservers, Cache, KVM, etc. All that also needs to be pushed to your repo by the developer so that the pipeline can push all that to Apigee (to the higher environment). Hope that clarifies